West Hartford, Connecticut
Developed in the 1960’s, Bishops Corner is a mixed use center with over 250,000 sf of retail and office space, originally constructed in the 1940’s. Over the decades many “facelifts” of varying scope and success were undertaken. Amenta Emma’s project scope involved a $18,000,000 repositioning of the Center, which included significant work to the facades at the retail level. Site improvements included the demolition of an existing parking deck, the development of a pad site, and improved pedestrian connections within the center and to the surrounding neighborhood. Building improvements included completely new facades, two new elevators and a new stair tower, new entry statement for the 70,000 sf of commercial office spaces, and a new signage program. The Center is now 100% leased, with a solid rent roll.